Our commitment shows in all we do.
Red hawk Casino and Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians are committed to promoting responsible gaming through education, enforcement and assistance programs. We also follow a carefully developed code of conduct for responsible gaming, designed to make the public aware of problem gaming resources, and to make responsible gaming an integral part of casino operations.
Red Hawk Casino Responsible Gaming Code of Conduct
Red Hawk Casino’s Code of Conduct to our guests is to promote responsible gaming. Red Hawk wants everyone who gambles at our casino to be there for the right reason, to simply have fun. We recognize problem gaming as a serious issue and that casino gaming is appropriate for adults only.
We have taken several steps to promote responsible gaming at our casino property:
- Training our employees in proper responsible gaming policies and procedures.
- Educating and providing information to our guests about responsible gaming , including resources for assistance with problem gaming .
- Providing a voluntary self-exclusion program for gamblers who feel they may have a problem. This program will cancel their access to our promotions, and to services like the Red Hawk Rewards Club. Self-exclusion forms are available at the security desk on the first floor.
- Working to prevent underage gambling on our property.
- Monitoring carefully for any unattended minors.
- Serving alcohol responsibly.
To Promote Responsible Gaming Red Hawk Casino will make available brochures describing responsible gaming and where to find assistance. These will be available and visible in gaming areas and at ATMs. Red Hawk Casino will make available on their Web sites information describing responsible gaming and where to find assistance. Red Hawk Casino will display in gaming areas and at ATMs signage that can be easily read bearing a toll-free help-line number. Red Hawk Casino will provide opportunities for patrons to request in writing that they not be sent promotional mailings and for revocation of their privileges for specific casino services such as:
- Casino-issued markers
- Player club/card privileges
- On-site check-cashing
In addition, Red Hawk Casino shall make reasonable efforts to honor a written request from any person that it not knowingly grant that person access to gaming activities at one or more of its facilities. Red Hawk Casino reserves the right to exclude a patron from gaming, without a request from the patron.
Problem Gambling Warning Signs
Individuals with a Gambling Problem Will Answer “Yes” to Many of These Questions
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Does gambling make you insensitive to the welfare of your family?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Have you ever gambled to solve financial difficulties or sold personal property to finance gambling?
- After winning or losing, do you feel like you must return as soon as possible?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Do arguments, disappointments, frustration, even good fortune give you an urge to gamble?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction a result of your gambling?
Red Hawk Casino employees are trained to recognize the signs of problem gambling and will offer assistance where they see fit.
Red Hawk Casino has a strict policy against underage gambling. We make every reasonable attempt to prevent minors from gambling or loitering within the gaming areas.
Red Hawk Casino will make diligent efforts to prevent underage individuals from loitering in the gaming area of a casino. Red Hawk Casino will communicate the legal age to gamble through appropriate signage and/or brochures. Employees working in relevant areas will receive training in appropriate procedures for dealing with unattended children, underage gambling, and the purchase and consumption of alcohol and tobacco by minors. If a child appears to be unsupervised or in violation of local curfews and other laws, security or appropriate personnel will be contacted and remain with the child while reasonable steps are taken to locate the parent or responsible adult on property or by telephone. If efforts are unsuccessful, security personnel will contact an appropriate third party, such as the police department or department of youth services, and release the unattended child to their care.
Minors are not permitted in gaming areas. Kids Quest® is a supervised child care solution that is clean, safe and entertaining environment provided on property for a nominal hourly fee for kids 6 weeks to 12 years. Cyber Quest® is a supervised arcade for older kids. Parents must accompany children under 12 years.
Advertising and Marketing
Red Hawk Casino vows to advertise responsibly. Where permissable, advertising and marketing include radio and television ads, broadcast off the premises, print, direct mail, billboard and Internet promotions. Casino advertising and marketing will:
- Contain a responsible gaming message and/or a toll-free help-line number where practical.
- Reflect generally accepted contemporary standards of good taste.
- Strictly comply with all state and federal standards to make no false or misleading claims.
Casino advertising and marketing materials will not:
- Contain cartoon figures, symbols, celebrity/entertainer endorsements and/or language designed to appeal specifically to children and minors.
- Feature current collegiate athletes.
- Feature anyone who is or appears to be below the legal age to participate in gaming activity.
- Contain claims or representations that gaming activity will guarantee an individual’s social, financial or personal success. Be placed in media where most of the audience is reasonably expected to be below the legal age to participate in gaming activity.
- Imply or suggest any illegal activity of any kind.
- Be placed in media specifically oriented to children and/or minors.
- Appear adjacent to, or in close proximity to, comics or other youth features, to the extent controlled by the Red Hawk Casino.
- Be placed at any venue where most of the audience is normally expected to be below the legal age to participate in gaming activity.
For Additional Help
If you believe you may have a gambling problem, please contact 800-GAMBLER. Red hawk Casino and Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians invite you to play responsibly.